Drop test is usually used to simulate the free fall of the product during handling and to examine the product's ability to withstand unexpected shocks.
Usually the drop height is based on the weight of the product and the probability of falling. The severity of the test depends on the drop height, the number of drops, the direction of drops and so on.
The purpose of drop test is:
1. Through an accelerated life testing method, the service life of the product and the failure mode of the product are tested.
2. By simulating the impact of the product in use, observing the response of the key parts of the product, inferring the mechanism of damage and the possible improvement plan in turn. At the same time, drop test is also a necessary test for whether a product can pass the industry standard.
Application fields of drop test:
1. Road traffic categories: road vehicle electronic and electrical equipment, rail transit locomotive and rolling stock equipment and equipment, automotive parts, etc.
2. Computer category: computer, display screen, host computer, computer components, medical equipment and other precision instruments.
3. Electronic Communications: Mobile Phone, Radio Frequency Device, Electronic Communications Components, etc.
4. Electrical appliances: household appliances, lamps, transformers and other electrical appliances, instruments, medical devices
5. Packaging and Transportation Parts: Packaging Box, Transportation Equipment, etc.